We’re Recruiting! – Cook/Chef
Sensory World Cafe in Dewsbury is looking for part-time cooks with flair!
The cafe is attached to the Sensory World Play Centre and has a strong community involvement including hosting The Real Junk Food Project, Dewsbury.
The job will include:
- Perform food preparation tasks.
- Grill, cook, and fry food from our cafe menu and prepare hot and cold drinks as required.
- Take orders from customers and cook foods requiring short preparation times, according to customer requirements.
- Complete customer orders plating up and serving customers at tables or counters.
- Ensure that orders are finished and served together at the same time.
- Accept payments, and make change as necessary.
- Clean food preparation equipment, work areas, and counters or tables.
- Maintain the Food Hygiene rating of the cafe and kitchen.
- Order and receive supplies and stock them as required.
- Offer excellent customer service and present the cafe in a good light at all times.
Applicants are required to hold appropriate Food Hygiene certificates.
We are looking for someone with culinary flair who is prepared to not only deliver the established cafe menu but also suggest and deliver interesting culinary experiences that will mark the cafe out from the competition.
The cafe supports our Play Centre which provides services to children and adults in the autism spectrum and a place of support and source of advice to their parents and carers as well as supporting the Real Junk Food Project. Our customers may sometimes present unusual situations and may require staff to go that extra mile in consistently offering a friendly welcome and a smiling face.
But if you like dealing with people then you’ll just love it. 🙂
National Living Wage of £8.20/hr.
Hours will be 9am to 2pm 5 days per week with some weekend working. There is holiday and sickness cover.
Interested? Then call Linda Holmes on 0780 1065589